Monday, April 4, 2011

The DJ in You... DJMAX Technika

Spending your free time strolling around at the mall, buying stuff over here and grab some food over there would be the usual routine that your average person would do. One thing caught my attention, this was way back last year 2010 at the top level floor of Alabang Town Center (ATC) at Timezone.


Videoke box? Not quite

Someone's playing on this machine which I thought as something similar to the old Dance Dance Revolution by KONAMI. I asked the guy standing behind the one who's playing, and all he did is to point at the cabinet's (the game unit's) header. It says DJMAX Technika. I got excited at that time, especially when I noticed that they have to insert a card on the platform.

To own the card means that you are a member of the Platinum Crew, and with it you can save game data, avail of the ranking services join tournament and more.




More of DJMAX Technika after the jump



And yes, I asked the lady at the front desk for a Platinum Membership. I was given a box to choose which Platinum card I'll be getting.

Here are the shots of my own Platinum Card. I have censored the serial code at the back of my card since its the one registered where my game data is stored.

The other cards to choose from can be viewed here at DYNAMIC. ENEMY. STORM. CROOVE! website. I selected this one though, since the ones left are too pink for me to pick.

After the selection, the lady asked me to play at least one round, and then go register online. Good thing there's a nearby Netopia in the area, and within a few minutes, I'm done with the registration. I registered my Platinum membership under my DJ name DJ DEVIANT.



My current DJ Ranking. Haven't played that much though.
But I was able to at least perfectly finish First Kiss PP (Combo in yellow)


The game's pretty simple. Its just a matter of tapping the screen (gently of course) and making sure it matches the so-called "judgement" line.

As per Spiritsnare's SnareBlog, he categorized these tap notes as follows:

  • a regular note (the single pink bubble), which is just doing a single tap on the screen
  • a hold note (the one with the straight blue line), which is to hold the base note as the judgement line crosses the pattern
  • a repeat tap note (the purple one with pink lines), which is to press the base note repeatedly as taps as the judgement line goes; and
  • the drag hold and chain notes (the one with thick yellow lines), which is to hold the base note and dragging the pattern at the same time as the judgement line goes across the screen.
Playing the game alone or with friends is fun, but the pressure builds up as people tend to flock over at your back when playing this because of the overview display. I always ask my buddies who tag along with me to try it, however they would ask me to play it for them instead.

DJMAX Technika is published and developed by Pentavision© 2008-2009.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, i don’t know how to say this…after hours of looking for dj max technika 1 ic cards i finally found something…i’m a huge fan of dj max technika and i’m looking for technika ic cards like the one is on your blog…i’m from PerĂº and unfortunately there’s only one machine here and i can’t find ic cards to play…i was wondering if you are considering selling your card…i will really apreciate it…i hope you read this message, greetings from PerĂº!!

    ReplyDelete